AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I’m still getting over the fact that I went to BEA 16. I met soooo many amazing bloggers and authors, including many people that I’ve dreamed of seeing–
Met some of my heroes today 😍😎😱😭 @Sailor_Stephie @LBardugo @lainitaylor @geneluenyang @hafsahfaizal @nielsenwriter
— Eli Madison (@elimadison2019) May 13, 2016
–and some people that I met for the first time in lines or through mutual friends! So first of all, I seriously have to shoutout the super-nice people who really made my BEA experience:
People Who Are Especially Lovely <3
- Shelly & Octavia @ Read. Sleep. Repeat. — These ladies are so cool! They organized the 2016 BEA Blogger Dinner, and I had so much fun getting to know them. They were super welcoming to me, and they put together a great event.
- Steph @ Doodle’s Reviews & Steph @ Ohana Reads — This was my first time meeting Steph and Steph, and it was great. It was so fun to get to see them, and they’re great ^_^
- Nori @ Read Write Love 28 — so much love for Nori. She organizes so many amazing things, and she’s not a poodle! She’s brilliant, and it was so great to meet her.
People I Dreamed of Meeting Someday O-O
- Katie @ Katie’s Book Blog
- Hafsah @ Icey Books
- Steph @ Cuddlebuggery
- Katie @ Mundie Moms
- Jennifer L. Holm, author of Babymouse
- Trenton Stewart, author of The Mysterious Benedict Society
- Grace Lin, author of When the Sea Turned to Silver
- David Levithan, author of You Know Me Well
- Laini Taylor, author of Strange the Dreamer
- Jay Kristoff, author of Gemina and Nevernight
- Gene Luen Yang, author of Secret Coders
- Leigh Bardugo, author of Crooked Kingdom (LEIGH BARDUGO TOOK A SELFIE WITH ME)
- Jennifer Nielsen, author of The Scourge
Random Awesome People I Met :D + Twitter Friends!
- Heather w/HarperTeen
- Pili @ In Love with Handmade
- Ava @ Bookish With Tea
- Wendy @ Book Scents
- Caitlin @ The Book Shire
- Mishma @ Chasing Faes
There were so many great people at this event, but these are people who made my experience. I ended up meeting many people in line because I was passing out book pendants as business cards, and I was so happy to see the amazing reception they received!
It was amazing to go to BEA after hearing about it for so many years (I’ll be doing a few posts on what I learned about BEA in the coming week!) and I hope to come back next year. As for the books I got at BEA…
Some of these will end up as giveaways in the future, so stay tuned for more! And speaking of giveaways, I’m still running my pre-BEA giveaway, with two random BEA ARCs thrown in. Enter in before it ends in a week!
Even though I ended up coming late to the second day…
It was a whirlwind of an event, and I ended up learning a lot from the people there. Looking forward to BookCon tomorrow!