As I’ve mentioned before, 2016 wasn’t the best year in books for me. My most anticipated sixteen books of the year completely fell through, and even the 2017 ARCs I got a chance to look at weren’t the greatest. I think that part of it could be my reading tastes changing and, possibly, maturing, as I’ve been venturing into adult lit more this year than any other year.
That aside, there was a handful of books that blew me away this year!
My best books of the year aren’t books that were rated the highest, and just because they’re on this list doesn’t mean I love them to death. It does mean that they’re reads that are memorable even now, and that I know I’ll remember looking back on this year in books.
- This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity #1) by Victoria Schwab (My Review)
- We Own the Night (Radio Hearts #2) by Ashley Poston (My Review)
- And I Darken (The Conqueror’s Saga #1) by Kiersten White (My Review)
- Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes (My Review)
- Firelight (Amulet #7) by Kazu Kibuishi (My Review)
- The Way I Used to Be by Amber Smith (My Review)
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco (My Review)
- The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily (Dash & Lily #2) by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (My Review)
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury (My Review)
- Trust Me (Find Me #3) by Romily Bernard (My Review)
And since I loved these so much, I’m giving away a copy of the winner’s choice of one of the books above! US only. Link me your best books posts and I’ll leave a comment!