It’s Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted on Tuesdays by The Broke and the Bookish. The theme for today is all about romance tropes/types, my top ten favorite friends-to-couple stories.
Happy Valentine’s Day! One of my favorite themes to see in books is how the relationships are handled. Between everyone in general, but especially with the friendships, and if there’s only one trope that I love, I would have to pick friendship to love. When it’s done well, I think it’s super sweet and pretty realistic, but it’s hard to do well.
In picking books for this post, it was difficult to draw a definite distinction between people who start out as a friends and people who don’t start out as friends. If one side is interested in the other romantically from the beginning, does that make them not friends? I tried to stick to the safe side and pick couples that I felt were legitimately just friends in the beginning. Without further ado, here are books in this trope that I loved:
- And I Darken by Kiersten White (My Review)
- Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg (My Review)
- Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone (My Review)
- Auracle by Gina Rosati (My Review)
- The False Princess by Eilis O’Neal (My Review)
- The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #5) by Rick Riordan
- The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre (My Review)
- We Own the Night (Radio Hearts #2) by Ashley Poston (My Review)
- Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
- Transparent by Natalie Whipple (My Review)
What tropes do you love? Leave a link to your TTT, and I’ll check it out! :)