If you’re an author or a blogger who would be interested in submitting a guest post for The Silver Words to review, please feel free to send me an email at email@example.com or hitting the mail button on the sidebar. Please note my review policy and that I do not review all of the books that I receive.
I review mostly YA books on The Silver Words, but I do review MG books on The Silver Words. Up until October 2016, I reviewed MG lit on my other book blog, Tweens Read Too. Though I do usually prefer physical copies of books, I also accept eARCs and eBooks (.mobi).
Genres I generally am interested in:
- All Fantasy
- Realistic Fiction
- Graphic Novels/Comics
Genres I will review on a case-by-case basis:
- General MG and Children’s Lit
- Crime and Murder
- Science Fiction
- Chick lit
- Historical Fiction
- clean Adult
- Graphic Novel Biographies
- clean New Adult
- Christian Lit
Genres I will not review:
- Adult Romance
Please keep in mind that I typically do not read or like paranormal romance or chick-lit in general. However, I am open to read them if a blurb interests me. Other than that, everything else is pretty much open.
How Reviews Work
- Almost every blurb I use is off of Goodreads or is the publisher description. If a Goodreads description is not available, I will use the description on Literally.io or Amazon. If none can be found, I will write it in my review myself.
- Quotes taken from uncorrected proofs are written in the review with the disclaimer to check in the final edition.
- I rate books based on a star system described below.
- Any advance review copies of books that I obtain are from a publisher or author. This does not impact my reviews in any way.
- All opinions are my own.
If you find anything inconsistent with my reviews or disclaimers, please let me know by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any images that I used in a review or post that you would like me to take down, please let me know and I will take it down immediately.
1: No. Just no. As in never no.
1.5: Was amused by it but had some serious issues with it.
2: It was okay/It just wasn’t for me
2.5: Tempted to make it a 3 because I did like it, but I won’t be looking at it again.
3: Liked it
3.5: Had a few minor problems, but I thoroughly enjoyed it anyway
4: Will remember this one in the future.
4.5: Was awesome. Will be back from my book hangover shortly.
5: LOVEEEEEEEEEE (more about my five star picks in this post)